Reasons and Plans

People keep blogs for different reasons, and I think they're all pretty valid, even if I may not agree with the actual message being conveyed. Some people keep them for the validation that being heard brings. That is completely okay. Some people use them as a soapbox of sorts, a means to convey a particular viewpoint. That's also okay. The medium actually isn't always the message. Some people write to make money. Again, okay.
 

So why am I writing one? Several reasons, actually.

 
Firstly, it is part of my goal to write more. In fact, I set myself a goal of writing once a day, every day, a little over two and a half weeks ago at the time this will be posted. At the time of writing (not the same thing), I have met that goal.

 
Part of my goal in writing is to eventually start publishing. As such, this blog can also be considered to be part of my writing platform. It will show readers how I write, what my voice is, and all that.

 
I am also keeping it because, frankly, I have a lot to say about the things that interest me, and those are many, many things.

 
Lastly, I want to make this a little corner of positivity out there in the interwebs. This is not ever going to be a vehicle for complaint, because that's not what I want to put out there. Life can be hard but we don't have to be.

 
For now, this is my plan: I plan to publish one blog per week, likely on Wednesdays; this may change but for now, I have arbitrarily chosen Wednesdays. I don't know why. Arbitrary publication date is arbitrary. There may be weeks where I have more to say in a hurry, in which case there may be a bonus blog. But I plan to try to always have at least one post, published at midnight PST/3am EST/8am GMT. Scheduling publication of blog posts is rather nice.

 
As for you, gentle reader. If you like what I have to say, please do comment. I'll try to answer comments as much as possible, and comments will help me grow this thing. You can also feel completely free to share it on yon social media things if you are so inclined. Or just read it and enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ablist Language

The Fields of Home, a Haibun

The Beauty I See